Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tien miljoen miljard femtometer

Just west of Shediac, New. Brunswick, I surpassed the 10000 km-mark. The bicycle is, just as myself, holding on strong. The weather is ok, some 25 degrees C and 50 overcast. As PEI became within reach for the day, the wind turned in my disadvantage. I hope to do some radio on VY2 as the flies eat me alive when I stand still. Just searching for a free and safe spot and setting up the tent is tough enough for the moment. I got used to wash me in restrooms of gasstations whenever I can't stay with a fellow hamradio-guy. Last Tuesday I had the worst day, mentally, but got over it. I already made contact with Brent VE2HF on PEI. Let's see where I'll end up there as the wx for the next week doesn't look promising. Heavy traffic also as its the weekend again. For those who wanted my Canadian mobile number it's +1 778 668 9074. APRS still goes live and direct as coverage is ok. Still some 1500 km and 3 weeks to go to Boston.


4 comments:

  1. Congradulation Raf for your 10000 km , you are Champion :) , l follow you on the web site now ,and you make fast to reach PEI hahaha Good luck and take care

    Mario VE9MMR Beresford New Brunswick
    73

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Raf,
    10 Megameter fantastisch. Veel succes en plezier op de volgende 1,5 Mm. hi
    Bert PA1B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woow! congrats!!!
    Over mijlpalen gesproken, da's er éne die kan tellen!!!
    73's de stef

    ReplyDelete