Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Navarro river Mendocino

After two more days cycling Northbound I've spend the night in a firestation in Sea Ranche. Good bunkbed and a very wide TV .. thx to Robin and Shelley ! Some miles up there was the Point Arena lighthouse. That's the point located the most to the west of mainland-USA (except for Alaska). Found a very smart guy up in the tower that was touring me around. That's the area and lighthouse used in the movie  Forever Young with Mell Gibson. Took me some time to get back on the bicycle and at 19z I ended up at the beach in Navaro River Redwoods state park. People wandering around on the beach offered me a cup of wine. Woke up alive and made some contacts on 40 with VE7YP, joe N7EKD, frank AB7TJ, steve KE7RTV and ed K6HP with 2 watts and a very low dipole. Ready to go up to Mendocino and Fort Bragg now.


No comments:

Post a Comment