Friday, July 22, 2011

Sisseton - Ashlan Wisconsin

After some VERY hot days into South Dakota and Minnesota the temperature did drop down and also the humidity did went down too to a more humain level. I cycled into Minnesota but still had to drink every 10/15 minutes. Going trough many nice little towns on the way I had the luck of ending two evenings in a cool house. One time in Little Prairie at Kevin, NE0D and his wife who made a perfect meal for me in the evening. The day after it I stopped at a township meeting and asked for water, ending up with a pasta meal and sleeping in a bed of a lady that had a hairsaloon in Giese. I'm looking for the card that I received from her but I can't find it for the moment. Also met up with very interesting people like you''ll find on my twitter and facebook account. The day after that I ended up in Duluth near Superior yesterday where the wind changed to the west for the first time so .. Time to make up with time and distance and cycled 185 km yesterday and 165 km the day before. I'm now in Ashland in the state of Wisconsin and almost in Michigan. Try to get in time to Newfoundland you know .. As it is still blowing from the west and meteo says it will shift to the east again in a matter of days. Also enjoying the TDF live streaming on radio1 while cycling, great. Time to cut this story very short for now and jump again on the bicycle. I didn`t had any time left and even not the intention on getting on the air .. I'll hopefully have more time for it as getting closer to the eastcoast and temps go down even more. Once again I can sleep in the tent without sweating all night long but muskitos are everywhere now. 73s and grtz.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rafael, I read your blog. Seems like your travels is going well. Hope you enjoyed the bike trail to Duluth. I will be writing you at some time, so will give you our address then. We will be watching and reading about the rest of your trip. Good Luck the rest of the way. Sandy from Giese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great to read thank you

    ReplyDelete